These are my toe-up footies with baby cables. They are basically exactly what I intended when I bought the yarn. I followed the toe-up method outlined in the Summer 2007 issue of Interweave Knits. It already used my favorite short-row heel method, and the toe was pretty simple too. I did them two at once also, though I did the first couple rows on dpns then I transferred them to the 32" KP circular and used magic loop. They seemed to take forever, but at least they were both finished at the same time. I used Lang Jawoll Cotton Jacquard. Oddly enough, it didn't become a stash yarn till May. *blush* I guess I just don't like my stash yarns that much. The last three projects I started were done with yarn purchased on free days in April and May. I only bought the one skein of the yarn intending to get a pair of footies out of it. If my feet had been much longer I wouldn't have made it. In the picture above you can see all that was left of the yarn after binding off! They are perhaps a bit lower on my heels than I would prefer, but they stay on and they feel great!
In other progress, I have one and a half Monkey socks done. I just started the second feather-and-fan sock. In the planning stages I have a striped set-in sleeve sweater from the top down using yarn that has been in the stash for 3+ years, plus a ball I picked up at the LYS anniversary sale last week. It counts as a birthday present since I bought it the day before my birthday, and dh has referred to it as my birthday yarn. I also am making it a goal to finish the VCTHoodie that I started back when it was still wintery out. Dh ordered a new camera which should come next week, and in the mean time he has somehow managed to repair one of the camera disks. I expect to spend much of the weekend and next week photographing my stash and WIPs to add to Ravelry.