Friday, July 08, 2005

Scarf is finished!

I finished the Dr. Who Scarf aka the Scarf From Hell. I will post pictures later today. I credit the trip to Nashville during which dh wouldn't let me drive. Seriously, lots of knitting time on the trip there and back. The grandparents occupied the kiddos quite a lot too allowing me to knit while there. I don't know what I was thinking when I packed, but I didn't include anything long-sleeved and I was FREEZING in their house! Their thermostat was set at 69 F for crying out loud! So I took a break from the scarf for a while on Sunday and crocheted a shawl real quick. Pictures of that to come also. I've also made a couple of cell phone socks since starting this scarf just cuz I needed a freaking break from the thing. Seriously. It's a 20 foot long scarf done entirely in garter stitch. You do the math. (Ok, it wasn't 20 feet long before stretching, but it was pretty darn freaking long!) I started on my Lucy Bag yesterday. It's coming along nicely. Only 70 rows to go on the body of the bag, then I start the straps. I can't believe it's going so quickly!

No comments: