Monday, May 29, 2006

Lots of Rose Pictures

I'm so excited! My roses are starting their first flush of blooms! I feel like a proud mama! This first one is Sunflare, a floribunda.


I love this one. It rarely gets black spot or other rose diseases. It will be covered with these pretty yellow blossoms practically all summer long. It's actually a lot smaller this year than it was last. There was a lot of winter dieback this year, probably because I was lazy and didn't get out the cones last fall. Oops.


Next we have a closeup of Golden Celebration, an Austen rose. It smells heavenly!

And a picture of the whole bush. I have two of these. This one is growing very vertically so we gave it a trellis. The other one has stayed more bushy, though the canes will get pretty long by summer's end.

This is Double Delight. It's showing a lot more red today. Yesterday it showed more white, but the weather has been so hot and humid that I'm sure the colors of blended roses are going to vary greatly. It smells wonderful!

This is Sterling Silver. I thought I was going to lose this one, but it perked up pretty quickly this spring. I had to cut off the winter killed canes all the way to the ground, but it still made it.

Apparently, I can't add more pictures to this entry so I'll have to start another entry for more pics.

No comments: