Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Dishcloth KAL and speedy knitting/felting

Ok, so I am a total nerd and joined this monthly dishcloth knitalong group. But it's fun! They only send out 8 or so lines of a pattern per day so you don't know what the finished product will look like till it's done. Here it is afer the first two days:

And after the third day (today):

I was thinking yesterday that it might be a cat, and today I'm relatively sure it will be a cat. We'll see!

This is my sophie bag pre-felting. I picked up some of Patons SWS (Soy Wool Stripes) Friday, played around with a swatch Friday night, decided to do a Sophie bag, cast on Saturday morning, finished the bag part by Saturday night, finished the handles on Sunday during the Colts game, and felted it Sunday afternoon. I am amazed at the speed with which I did this. The SWS is so pretty! The colors fade into each other very nicely, and it feels nice too.

This is the bag after felting. I only ran it through the washer on hot/cold once. It could maybe handle a little more felting, but I like it this size. I thought I might give it away for Christmas, but I like it an awful lot and don't know if I can part with it.

3 comments:

AMGblaghs said...

That is a beautiful Sophie! I'm going to have to go get me some o' dat!

CraftyCarole said...

oh purty! I just got some today used 50% off coupons for 2 skeins... I chose Denim Blue... so I'll prolly use if for something other than a purse.
I did the sophie bag this summer and put my own stripes in. THen I lined it. I love the size. I also gave mine as a gift to our babysitter who had graduated from HS... need to make another soon!

jeannie said...

Your Sophie is gorgeous!!! The Soy Wool is really nice felted. I bought some earlier this fall. I thought it would felt well... and you've confirmed it.
The Sherwood is nice too. Good job! :0)